Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

WooHoo!

Posted By: WithyBoy <WitchyBoy@msn.com>
Date: Sunday, 9 January 2005, at 8:47 a.m.

Some of you may recall that I have been having a lot of trouble with cloudyness in my tank. For the past 3-4 months I have been doing water changes, adding chemicals, not adding chemicals...just trying to figure out what the heck was wrong. All the water tests were fine (even had my LFS do a complete test) but the cloudyness was still there.

I used to have connection with Tetra and would get all sorts of fish/pond supplies (filters, pumps, food, chemicals) for free! I remembered that I had a UV clarifier. You pump the water through this canister that has a UV light inside. The idea is that free-swimming bacteria, fungi, algae, virus, protizoa etc. are exposed to the UV light and are killed. (The instruction booklet actually said that the UV light splits the DNA) I am happy to report that after filtering the water through the UV light, my t