Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Slate

Posted By: bruceter <Bruceter50@yahoo.com>
Date: Tuesday, 11 January 2005, at 10:27 a.m.

Phew it's been a while since I been in here--some may remember me HELLO AGAIN! All my clowns are nice and fat!

Anyway over the summer and fall I collected from jobsites an incredible amount of slate for my tanks for caves walls and whatnot. I just recently began to boil it and its all falling apart into unusable pieces---did I let it sit dry for too long? I have usually boiled it right away and had few problems but this batch did sit out quite a while some for maybe six months. Out of about 30 nice size rocks I have 8 usuable pieces for a wall.

Any rock experts? Like I said I never had a problem like this before in the past.

I might add the slate is not from creeks it is from digups mostly on construction sites if that makes a difference.

Any help appreciated
Thanks
Bruce

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.