Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Sad News

Posted By: Kit <kitjaguar@comcast.net>
Date: Wednesday, 12 January 2005, at 10:49 a.m.

Well, I won't be able to observe, photo and update you on the odd loach behaviour I posted about recently. A bacterial infection got into my 90 gallon tank, and 2 days ago fish started dying. Of 40 or so, only 2 brillian rasboros remain today. All 4 clown loaches, yo-yos, 2 6-inch balas, my 12 inch pleco, the congo tetras, the little cory cats I started with 3 years ago... I'm treating with PimaFix and MelaFix, on the advice of my LFS, but I don't think I got it in time... I'm very upset, and keep thinking about what it could be, and if there were warning signs I should have spotted. The day the first fish died, several of them had white fuzzies on them, but the only thing I remember seeing last week was a slight clouding of the eyes