Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Sudden Honey-Gourami Death

Posted By: Ethan
Date: Friday, 14 January 2005, at 10:24 a.m.

As some of you may know I've recently gotten 3 Honey Gouramis. 1 male and 2 females. The male was fine for almost a month before I introduced the two females. As soon as he saw them he went into breeding colors for almost a week. Yesterday I noticed him getting a little chubby, but not anything like dropsy he also started getting a "black rust" look to his fins and tail. I put in some Stress Coat just incase. When I woke up (6 o'clock) he looked exactly the same and was fine but then at feeding time (6:30) he was on the bottom dead!?? My ph is normal, nitrates 0ppm, nitrites 0ppm, Ammonia was a little over normal so I assumed it wasn't a big problem. Gill coloration was the normal red color but he still looked "rusted" and chubby? Anybody have any Idea of what just happened? The "chubby