Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Any artists out there?

Posted By: shari <sanford9@optonline.net>
Date: Sunday, 23 January 2005, at 9:33 a.m.

I finally bit the bullet and had to break down some of my older running tanks due to the low pH and high nitrates that I could not seem to get under control. So--being tired of the backgrounds that always pull away from the back I pulled out the basket of ancient acrylic paints we have for kids to play with and put the remnants of all the colors available into a little pot and used them to paint a background onto the glass. I really like it! The base is horizontal with valisneria type vertical strokes. Because of the mix of colors there is some color in the val strokes and a large copper vertical wave across the top showed up. Painting the back without looking through the tank at the visible side was fun. With the colors just in the pot, unblended, I got a nice mix of val colors with a dark grey-green base and some copper streaks in the mix. It worked out so well I decided to do the other tank (a hex) as well and that one looks even better-has some yellow 'val' leaves cause there was a blotch of yellow in the pot leftover. ;-)

Anyone else paint their tanks?

Messages In This Thread