Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Attn Martin! - Aborichthys elongatus

Posted By: Emma Turner
Date: Thursday, 27 January 2005, at 11:48 a.m.

Martin,
What other livestock do you have in with your Aborichthys elongatus? The reason I ask is that at the moment I am visiting my mum and dad, and last night we added some Amano plant shrimps (Caridina japonica) to their tank. The Aborichthys elongatus went mad and started chasing them and biting at them, even those these shrimps were considerably bigger than them (shrimps are around 4cm). They took chunks out of their tails, before I managed to intervene and put some food into the tank to distract them. They have never been aggressive towards any fish we have added before - there are Botia striata, cardinal tetras, rummynose tetras, pentazona barbs, and cherry barbs in there too. I turned the lights out to give them a proper chance to settle in