Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

OT Sump fever...

Posted By: erik <kuhli@shaw.ca>
Date: Thursday, 3 February 2005, at 12:42 p.m.

Well as the subject lines suggests I've got sump fever. I gotten tired of evaporation losses due to the 3-4 wpg on my planted loach tanks. I found I cheap overflow design easily made using pvc pipe and fittings. I also had some spare AC4000 powerhead (369gph) other misc parts.
The sump houses my co2 infuser and heater and one ac 500 cut down foam block as mechanical filter. The sump is mostly for constant water level and getting equipment out of the tank.
I'm using a 5 1/2 gallon tank for the 15 tall which fits perfectly inside the cabinet below.
The other plus side is IF I can get some breeding action from my rams they can live safely in the sump as a nursery:) even if they get sucked in the overflow.
The 70 is next after I'm sure I have the hang of it.
Anybody else use sumps here?
Erik

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg