Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Beautifying the Tank Table

Posted By: Kit <kitjaguar@comcast.net>
Date: Sunday, 6 February 2005, at 10:36 a.m.

I'm curious as to what others have done to make their 'tank tables' more attractive. My 30 gallon hex came with a little cabinet, so there was no issue there. My 2 rectangular tanks came on open cast iron 'tables'. In and of themselves, they are attractive enough, but once I added all the cleaning equipment, buckets, extra food, etc., they were not a scenic addition to the living room.

So... I went to the fabric store and purchased some lengths of fabric on sale, and basically made curtains for the tank tables. The big challenge was how to attach them so they could be easily removed or pushed aside when I needed to get to the equipment stored underneath. I bought some sticky-backed