Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

sick zebra in new tank

Posted By: randigirl29 <randigirl25@hotmail.com>
Date: Sunday, 6 February 2005, at 4:48 p.m.

Hi I just recently set up a 30 gallon tank that I let cycle for 5 days. I have a realy good filter system, lots of live plants, drift wood and rocks for hiding places. I have a pair of Dwarf Gouramis, a pair of guppys, 3 plecos, a pair of albino cats, and a small clown loach besides my zebra. For the first few days my zebra was fine, he was active and energetic, but Ive noticed that today he was acting very strange, hiding alot, and doesnt seem to have any energy. He swims, but seems to have trouble staying upright. Is it possible that mabye there isnt enough for him to eat? Im wonderin if I should try to treat the tank. I cant find any info on how to treat a new setup, and Im worried about the ph if I add or change the water.. Any suggestions?? Also after doing alot more research I