Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

tanks online and baby clown update

Posted By: Jon
Date: Sunday, 13 February 2005, at 10:32 a.m.

I'm looking to pickup a 20 gallon long tank, but they're pretty expensive locally (just outside of Boston, MA). Does anybody have any online retailers that they've used before without problems? I'm always sketchy of online stores I've never used.

Also, a couple of weeks ago I posted about a couple of baby clown loaches (1 in.) so I thought I would post an update. I was gone for a week with work (gf feeds the tanks when I'm away) and now that I'm back the new guys seem pretty comfortable. They actaully chase all the other fish in the tank - including a 4 in. Bala and several 3 in. rainbow fish - when it's feeding time and they come to the top to feed. These guys are fearless. I've actually seen them nip at the neon tetra's and rummy-nosed tetras.

I've started feeding them 2 or 3 times a day and they seem to be b