Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

ICK!!!

Posted By: Lance Elmshaeuser <clarence172000@yahoo.com>
Date: Wednesday, 16 February 2005, at 1:54 p.m.

Hi guys,

I made a post last week about changing substrates to flourite. This weekend I performed the change and everything seemed to go okay. About 24 hours after the change I noticed that 1 of the 2 clowns had ick. I bought some ick treatment....."Quick Cure" by "Aquarium Products" immediately and administered 1/2 the recommended dosage (1 drop per gallon). I have a 30 gallon tank so I put in 15 drops. The directions say to treat daily with a max of 3 treatments. If further treatment is needed I must do a 25% water change. I have dosed each day, today being the 3rd dosage. The ick has gotten worse, from just a few spots on his tail to all over his body, now the other clown has it and 1 of the 3 Yoyos that I have now has it also. Please help with recommendations as how to help these guys out....

Thanks =)

Lance

ps. I began treatment on monday, have treated on tuesday and now wednesday

Messages In This Thread