Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Response to Robin and the crew

Posted By: Tom W <tbwaltzek@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Monday, 21 February 2005, at 3:29 p.m.

Hi Robin,

I wanted to make it clear that I have not cultured for Mycobacterium infection in the infected fish. Thus, I do not know if these fish were also suffering from Myc. However, Myc. infections cause some pretty significant changes internally that I wrote about in a previous email. These changes were not seen in the fish examined which lead me to doubt whether Myc. was involved. Your point regarding it being sad about sacrificing healthy Botias is exactly why we won't know more about the baseline parasite infections encountered in healthy fish (at least not from me!). I made the photos available to those who are registered coppermine users. Was this the problem? If so I apologize. Cheers- Tom