Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Bloated Yo Yo Loach

Posted By: Jane <episcia@mindspring.com>
Date: Friday, 4 March 2005, at 10:45 a.m.

Hello all,

I have 4 Yo Yo loaches I've only had for about a month (scored at PetSmart!!). One has been getting more and more fat or bloated in the last few days. They're always a little "full" looking after feasting on the wet, jar-form Daphnia "Zooplankton". But this one stayed "full" by the next morning, then began looking like it never went down. A few days ago I thought maybe this was cool - filling with eggs? Its body has that squareish abdomen look some egglayers (danios, white clouds, etc) get when they're really full of eggs. But now its looking distended, and she(?) is looking uncomfortable, and continued to hide behind the heater when everyone else in the tank was eating.

What do you all think? Internal parasite? Bacterial infection? Constipation? I'm getting worried now. I've had loach