Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Yo-Yos & Kuhlis

Posted By: travdawg <travis1971@hotmail.com>
Date: Monday, 14 March 2005, at 12:56 p.m.

I am setting up a large community tank (90 us gal) here in the next few months. I am wanting to keep the sizes of my fish smallish, so I can put more of them in there. I think I found what I was looking for in the Kuhlis & Yo-Yos. I was hoping to get some responses on here from owners of these strains, about how they live together, & with other creatures.

From what I read in the descriptions of them, they seem like they would be friendly enough, but wanted to make sure. I plan on having a school of hatchet fish, & Raspboras, Corys, some otos, SAE, & maybe a bristlenose, & RTBS. How would they get along with those??? Was also hoping to drop some Cherry Shrimp in the tank. I know that they will make light work of snails, but how do they cohabitate with shrimp?

Also, how big do these fish get? I realize th