Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

no appetite

Posted By: Trish <loughran@uiuc.edu>
Date: Monday, 21 March 2005, at 7:22 p.m.

I brought home two clown loaches over the weekend (Saturday morning) and now, by Monday evening, I have yet to see either eat. They are hiding and only one of the two has been out exploring--and he only has done so intermittently, when he thinks no one's around. I've tried feeding them zuchinni cut in a long strip, frozen brine shrimp, flakes, pellets, and tubifex worms. No takers. Should I be worried?

They are about 3 inches each and are currently in a 30 gallon (later be moved into a 75 gallon). There are five zebras in the tank as well (with no signs of trouble) and one dwarf gourami (also fine). Ammonia and nitrtites were at zero when I put them in. I noticed just after adding them that there was a slight nitrite spike but I've done two back to back water chages (25% yeaerday and then 50% today), and nitrites ar enow back to ze