Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Atkin's Diet for Clowns

Posted By: James Lu <jsjmlu@yahoo.com>
Date: Wednesday, 23 March 2005, at 12:58 a.m.

Hello everyone,

I am not an active member, but had first posted here many many years ago (attached link, I can't believe it is still up). I am glad to report that those clowns from my initial posting are still alive and well. Now I have 16 clowns in a 240 gal. Over these years, I would like to share my observation on the body shapes on these fish...

Have you noticed that some clowns are very thick and stocky while others are more streamlined (not starving, just more streamlined)? Typically the new fish for sale are more streamlined. Maybe it is because they were starved during transportation...maybe not. It is MY opinion that it is not normal for clowns to be stocky/obese and the streamlined figure is the norm as the new fish for sale were caught from the wild. Years ago when I started keeping them I bought 4 small ones and very sh