Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Different behaviour between my clown loaches

Posted By: Mary Burns <mary.burns3@ntlworld.com>
Date: Wednesday, 23 March 2005, at 3:47 a.m.

My alpha clown loach has now taken to hiding all day. All 3 were previously "up", short naps, and fed 3 times a day. The other 2 remain active and around most of the day. The alpha hides in a castle ornament, going up into one of the spires. I thought he may be stuck at first, but he swims out if I start to remove it. He is 4" and bigger than the other 2, all about the same age. I have never added food at night as they were all fed in the day. Should I be concerned? He goes 3 or 4 days without being seen, when I intervene to make sure he has live bloodworm. He eats and then goes back straightaway. Should I even intervene? He is looking fine, no visible problems. The other 2 will soon be as big as him as they continu