Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Loaches and Ghost Shrimp

Posted By: SweetPea <cholfeld@hotmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, 23 March 2005, at 9:42 a.m.

I am trying to find an "algae" eater for my aquarium. I have had a plecostomus (grew too big) and snails (got eaten). I had a clown plecostomus but he was eaten by the common pleco I also had in the aquarium. I have live plants and two Ottos and am looking for another algea eating creature who will eat the long whispy algae that is growing.

Then I thought about ghost shrimp. They are good cleaners. But here's the problem, will my clown loaches make a meal out of the shrimp or will they leave him alone. I have not purchased the shrimp yet until I know that my clowns won't eat him. I have 4 clown loaches. One is 12 years old, one is 11 years old and two are 3-4 years old. I have a 48 gallon aquarium.

Any thoughts on the subject would be great!