Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

quarantine suggestions

Posted By: Trish <loughran@uiuc.edu>
Date: Friday, 25 March 2005, at 6:41 p.m.

Well, I found a tank of extremely unhappy baby clown loaches at my local mega-store. I decided to bring two home and see if they survived since I have one lone baby loach who is clearly pining for mates. At any rate, I have the two new guys in quarantine right now and my question is whether anyone has any thoughts about preventative meds while they are in quarantine. They came from a tank of very stressed fish, many with fin rot and at least one with something that looked like fungus on its mouth area. Should I just quarantine my two guys and wait to see what happens, or should I add something--basic antibiotics, salt, heat, etc--to the water to nip things in the bud? Thanks.

trish

Messages In This Thread