Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

new disease?

Posted By: Dax <dlangsto@uga.edu>
Date: Sunday, 27 March 2005, at 8:27 p.m.

I've got this clown loach that I'm quite attached to. It has survived 2 ich infections with flying colors. Now I'm afraid he/she may have something else. The loach acts great. Feeding is voracious as usual. The fish is moving around and acting normally. But I see a faint, whitish film or something on the fish. It is difficult ot see but since I look at the clowns closely for ich, I tend to notice any blemishes. In some areas it may be in patches. I have also thought these could be old ich ruptures that are healing. I've been putting a little aquarium salt in the water lately as a possible ich preventive. Anyway, has anyone seen loaches get anything like this before. It could be that I'm overreacting and it's nothing, but I want to be sure. The other fish in the tank aren't affected (yoyos and zebras).