Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Loach ID

Posted By: Laura <wolflover22@comcast.net>
Date: Friday, 1 April 2005, at 10:21 p.m.

I've had this loach for maybe 6 months now, or more. I bought him as botia sidthimunki, but at 2 inches and lacking many of the chains, I'm having doubts. He clearly has only one chain down the back like a sid, but lacks some chains on the sides at two inches like a nigrolineata. I've looked at the species pages on both, as well as the comparison, and I'm thoroughly confused. He seems to show characterisics of both. So that's why I'm asking you guys =). In the 6 months I've had this fish, he's gotten more chains, but hasn't grown much at all (well.. maybe you shouldn't trust that, one of my fish grew 3 inches right under my nose w/o me noticing..). Below is a link to a pic of the loach in question. I didn't know how to get it directly on this page, and escuse it being on a reef site.. If more photos are needed, I can take more, jus