Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Blue green algae

Posted By: Cynthia <ckfard@yahoo.com>
Date: Monday, 11 April 2005, at 1:08 a.m.

Hi. This is the first time I have viewed this site. I am having a problem with Blue Green Algae in a 30 gallon tank. It started on the hood and I saw it and cleaned it off, but it keeps coming back. It has spread to the rock in the tank and on a couple of the fake plants. The tank has both real and live plants. Could I have brought this in from not rinsing a plant well enough before placing it in the tank? There are a few snails as well. A friend has several Clown Loaches and she said they will eat the algae in her tank and the snails. This is the first time I have had this problem. If I clean the tank throughly and suction as much out as possible with a 50% water change and do this again in a week, do you think it will take care of the algae problem. I will also change the fileter out at that time. I wanted to add a co