Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Strange Behaviour?

Posted By: Colin <colinhounsome@btopenworld.com>
Date: Tuesday, 12 April 2005, at 12:47 p.m.

Hi all,

I'd like to ask some advice on some strange behaviour one of my Clown Loaches has been displaying to see if any of you have seen it before.
I've got 4 Clowns in a 120L tank. Two have been in there since late January and another two in mid February.
They were all getting along fine until about two days ago, when I noticed that the biggest one (Frank) was sitting on his own in another part of the tank. They usually all stay together in the shaded corner of the tank so it was strange.

He moves fine, there are no marks on him, no changes to the tank in anyway at all, he eats fine and goes back to the pack at night.

Does anyone have any idea what could be bothering him? Any advice is much appreciated as I love em all so much!

Thanks from a clown lover!
&n