Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

tank size vs. population

Posted By: Dax <dlangsto@uga.edu>
Date: Monday, 18 April 2005, at 9:34 a.m.

Currently I've got 4 clown loaches, 3 yo yo loaches, 2 zebra loaches, and 2 angelicus loaches, all at or under 2 inches. I've got 2, 2 inch siamese algae eaters, 2, 0.75 inch otocinclus cats, and 1 2 inch dwarf flame gourami in my 29 gallon tank. I've got an Aquaclear 200 and a Tetra Whisper 30 and an undergravel filer. I figure my water cycles at least 330 gallons per hour.

I'm going to change the substrate in the tank to a sand and smooth-pebble substrate that is more suitable for loaches. I'm also going to add a Penguin mini with a Biowheel that does 100 gallons per hour since I'm getting a way from the undergravel filter b/c it won't work with sand. That would give me 430 gallons per hour for the 29 gallon tank. I'm moving the gourami and one of the siamese algae eaters to a 10 gallon tank. Th