Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Blue Botias spawned!! (long)

Posted By: Josh
Date: Thursday, 12 May 2005, at 1:37 a.m.

Hello I am new here and I have a 35 gallon aquarium with only 5 orange finned loaches (Blue Botias) and yesterday I came home from work and went to feed them when I saw one of my loaches guarding the cave!
At first I thought it was nothing but I then saw most of the other blues clear on the other side of the tank so I looked closer to be amazed,seeing a little over 6 babies in the entrance of the cave!!!
She/He guards them fiercely! I would have never thought they would have done this because I have never seen them paired up or any breeding displays I wish I could get a pic up in the mean time I am going to have to get them in a baby net without getting bit.I am a little unclear on what to feed them any suggestions and should I put the mom in with them????

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.