Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

dead striatas - any ideas?

Posted By: sophie <sophie-usenet@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thursday, 12 May 2005, at 1:28 p.m.

um.

had five baby striatas in quarantine; they looked absolutely fine. eating, nosing about, etc etc. I did notice that there were more often three out and about with two sitting on/behind/against the filter (little fluval internal) but I'd thought that was just because it was the only piece of furniture in the tank for them to sit on. Came in this evening and two were dead, lying on the bottom in a corner. My first thought was that they were doing that "playing dead" thing, and I thought to myself, yes, I can see that worries people: but sadly they were really dead. Looked perfectly fine, apart from being dead; not exactly fat, but then they were only tiny.

can't do a water change tonight as I used the last of the dechlor stuff yesterday and need to buy som