Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

striata update (for Emma)

Posted By: sophie <sophie-usenet@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Monday, 16 May 2005, at 3:30 p.m.

well, the three littlies are still alive and hungry. Obsessive watching makes me think that they are bordering on emaciated; you can see the spine just behind the head - I don't know if this is normal for tiny fish, I don't think it was visible in the two dead ones but I have a feeling dead fish bloat.

the ich is still very mild, fortunately. I've got the temperature at about 78 F, the water level's lowered and the filter outlet is running across the surface for aeration. They've had the first three doses of the protozin and having read about the life cycle I think I'll treat past day six, despite the instructions. They eat like piglets and are active. Managed to photograph them (not easy, they don;t keep very still for long) - the female dwarf gourami next to them