Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Loach Species Advice

Posted By: AU_loacher <contial@auburn.edu>
Date: Sunday, 22 May 2005, at 3:39 p.m.

I saw in a pet store today a loach that looks a lot like a skunk loach without the black stripe down its back (they did not have a tag on the tank with anything but clown loach, but I know just enough to know they were not clowns). I was debating on it being a speckletail or a sun loach but I am definatly not an expert at loach species identification. Anyone have any ideas from this very sketchy information?
I would love to have another loach species in my tank, but I am afraid of getting an aggressive species that might attack my beloved clowns and my Yo-Yo's. I do not have a lot of experince with other loaches species so if anyone has any advice as to how aggressive they can get I would greatl