Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Really Need Advice on Sick Loach

Posted By: Cybermeez <cybermeez@NOSPAMaol.com>
Date: Wednesday, 25 May 2005, at 8:10 p.m.

I've been keeping Kuhlis (and all kinds of other loaches) for quite a few years now. I've recently been presented with an illness I've never encountered before.

About 3 weeks ago one of my Kuhlis sufferd what appeared to be a bad gash on the nape of his neck. I don't know how it happened, but the wound looked fresh and he was still swimming around the tank so I though I caught it early.

I put him in the hospital tank and began trating with the last of my stash of Spectrogram (Kanamycin and Nitrofurazone combo) and Paraguard to ward off bacterial and fungal infection. Even though it was a big wound, remarkably it began to heal. But with in a few days I notied something strange. The Kuhli's little slinky body began to become contorted and partial paral