Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

pale chain/dwarf loaches

Posted By: vyberman <vyberman@hotmail.com>
Date: Sunday, 29 May 2005, at 5:18 p.m.

Hi
I have had a small group of these lovely little loaches for around six weeks now, and have noticed that two of them tend to go pale from time to time.
The other day I noticed the two pale ones were particularly pale (the black line on the side was barely visible) and they seemed to be chasing each others tails, but they seemed quite happy and playful.
I put this paleness down to a recent partial water change, and decided to give them a modist meal of frozen bloodworms.
As the pale ones ate thier fisrt worms the colour flooded back to them, before they had swallowed it they looked on top form again.

I have noticed this paleness return, to a much lesser extent, but this has been at time when nothing would have caused them stress. when i have noticed it I have tested my