Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Botia modesta

Posted By: AU_loacher <contial@auburn.edu>
Date: Tuesday, 31 May 2005, at 7:57 p.m.

Okay I am am looking for some advice (I am always looking for advice it seems) on Botia modesta. I have a tank with Yo-yo's, Dojo's, Clowns and a newly purchased Horse-face loach. Any suggestions on mixing this species with the others. I have read they can be rather aggressive.
Shari you were right on about my mystery fish being Botia modesta (at least I am pretty sure that is what they are).
I have been fighting the compulsion to get them. They are in a tank that is not marked and I just know most likey noone else is going to get them or even know what they are. i keep going in and looking at them and debating getting them. I think I partly just feel bad about them just sitting there in a mostly barren tank.
Thanks for the help.
BTW there are only two of them in the store so I am not sure if I would be able to make a bigger school of them any time soon. This is the only time I have seen them around my area,

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.