Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Getting a tank delivered....

Posted By: Mark in Vancouver <markmark@telus.net>
Date: Saturday, 4 June 2005, at 7:41 p.m.

Grumble grumble... One of the Big Al's outlets outside of Vancovuer has the tank I want for my new river tank setup. It's inches too long/wide to fit in our Toyota, and friends with useful vehicles are all either at the garage or out of town... So I inquired at BA's what they would want to have this 55g tank delivered. $160??!!!

I pointed out to the young git at the counter that I could hire a cab from home and return with the tank for substantially less money, and he gives me this sort of slack-jawed stare back.

The delivery cost is more than the tank, which doesn't seem quite right. So I've got all the plumbing bits, the space, the stand, and the decor (and the fish!), but no tank to put it all in. Slightly frustrating.

Never fear - tomorrow's big challenge is somehow getting the thing back to the flat. I'll take it on the bus!

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.