Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Omega Foods

Posted By: Cybermeez <cybermeez@NOSPAMaol.com>
Date: Sunday, 5 June 2005, at 8:42 p.m.

I finally managed to find Omega brand fish food at a pet shop a few towns away. I figure, "Wow! Made from real salmon! The loaches are gonna love this!" I eve got a jar of their Veggie Rounds certain that the Clowns would go for them.

So, I get home and go to feed the fishies. Everyone peeks out of their caves as I near the tank and lift the hood up. They know it's dinnertime. I sprinkle some of the Omega flakes into the tank and, go sit on the couch so the fish will come out and eat. For about 30 seconds they all scurry about the tank looking for flakes to nibble on. Each of them takes one bite and then spits it out. I wait a few minutes figuring they're hungry and give it another go.

Instead they line up at the front of the tank, completely ignoring the Omega flakes and staring at me as if to say, "What the hell