Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Cybermeez, Start Your Engines!

Posted By: Martin Thoene <gkadar@sympatico.ca>
Date: Saturday, 11 June 2005, at 7:42 p.m.

Look what I found at one of my local Big Als today........Pangio cuneovirgata! They were in a tank with some Brochis cats and unlabelled. So I ask an assistant about them and he says "They're 99c each...they're just babies".

"Rare babies" thinks I, then replied "I'll take 10 please!". Boy did he have fun extricating 10 from the ghastly blue gravel. They're pretty tiny at present. I put them in the 30 Breeder with the Pangio shelfordi (which I think may not actually be THAT species). At present, they are all over the tank and actively looking for food. I figured at that price, they'd be happy in numbers and my wallet wouldn't be too light :)

I managed to keep the blue gravel out of the tank!

This shot shows the distinctive colour pattern and caudal base blotch, plus a hint of the defining ID, long nasal barbels. You can really see them in this shot..........

Here you can see these guys are actively searching for food, which is always a good sign with newly acquired kuhlis.

I guess that others should now look out for these guys in the shops, and Mark.....don't we need a P. cuneovirgata picture for the book? I can work on it :)

Martin.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index |