Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

My clown loach needs help

Posted By: Krzydemona <krazydemona@hotmail.com>
Date: Monday, 13 June 2005, at 10:22 a.m.

Hi all,

I've recently added a new loach to my "herd" in my 125 gal. My new loach is fine, fit's right in with the others. My smallest loach, however, has been displaced. Since the arrival of the new clown, he has been very very lathargic, doesn't eat. He will just sit on top of my powerhead until i reach in and move him with my finger. He's been laying on his side alot, but I know he's not asleep cuz he'll look at me, plus he never used to sleep that much before! His colors look ok. Iv'e noticed since this started that he has been breathing rapidly, more so than the others. I even did a 20% water change, and it made no difference. When I got up to check on him this morning he hadn't moved from where he was last nite. I do turn the lights off at nite. My other fish are thriv