Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

OK Cybermeez...........

Posted By: Martin Thoene <gkadar@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wednesday, 15 June 2005, at 5:49 p.m.

Having worked late the other day, I took the opportunity of leaving early today and went up to Big Als. I looked in the tank and couldn't see any kuhlis. Then I saw some buried. So I asked for 10. After much antics of gravel sifting and general muck stirring up the poor guy eventually found and caught 10, which is what I was charged for.

Actually, I only counted 9 out of the bag, but maybe I'm wrong and we'll find there's 10 when I catch them again for you.

Anyhow, you get the bonus free offer of decorative blue gravel (yuck)......thus......

I set up a 10 with minimum substrate, a flat rock, half flowerpot and some Windelov. There's heat and a cycled Aquaclear mini.

Added some Almond leaves, and a sponge to stop kuhli ingestion into the filter.

The fish like the Almond leaves.

Here's one on the thin substrate layer.

They seem to like mooching around in and hanging out in the Windelov.

So! There ya go! Now you have to come eh? I have the BA's paperwork and my till receipt as evidence of source for Customs, etc.
Figured I would show off the pictures here for you (rather than E-mail) so we can just spread the jealousy :) 'Course, others like looking at pics. So here's a couple more of my ones.

Left this one to last as I think it's a rather lovely picture.

I just checked them out an hour after they went in the tank, and a couple are munching on a sinking pellet that I dropped in.....excellent!

Oh, and Emma, check your mail re: my detective work.

Martin.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.