Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Loach ID

Posted By: ACIDRAIN <acidrain@fuse.net>
Date: Friday, 17 June 2005, at 10:09 a.m.

I have just aquired some really nice looking loaches, but cannot ID them from any pics. They came to me as "Gold Banded Loaches". They are black with small gold bands about 10mm wide, running laterally about every 75mm. They have a head and nose simular to the Long Nose Loach, but shorter. Their body shape is also very similar to the Long Nose Loach. I have been trying to get a pic of them, but they are very quick. They don't burrow much (sand substrate), but prefer to hide in the PVC pipe. They are not aggressive, and have yet to harm any other fish. Even with several small 2cm fish. Currently they are about 5-6 inches. They love to eat, and are not picky to any type of foods.

Thanks for looking

Messages In This Thread