Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Sick Clown Loach *Update*

Posted By: Krzydemona <krazydemona@hotmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, 21 June 2005, at 2:24 p.m.

Hi All, just thought I'd drop by and give u all a quick update on the little loacher.

Sat. I quarantined him in a makeshift tupperware container. I'm using an air pump and stone to keep the water aerated. he has a little flower pot in there to give him somewhere to hide and feel a little more secure. I've been medicating him with E.M. tablets, couldn't get the marycide, but these tablets have the same active ingredient ( erythromycin 200 mg). I've also been adding a little bit of aquarium salt and just a drop of "rid-ich" to his water as well. soooo far, no change ... no better, no worse.. he still has that strange "bubble" lump on his chest..and I still can't get him to eat, he's not skinny yet however. and oh yeah, his "white film" over his eyes has cleared up! His color