Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

maracide and loaches

Posted By: bronwyn <evilb2003@yahoo.com>
Date: Sunday, 26 June 2005, at 1:18 p.m.

i just wanted to tell anybody with loaches my own horror story about maracide, (anti-biotic medicine commonly used for ich and other infections). i just had my whole tank of fish, two botia kobitais with ich, and four perfectly healthy clown loaches, (yes, i have no hospital tank), drop dead from 2 days of maracide treatment at half a dose! my water quality was otherwise perfect. i was using half doses of quick cure as well, because i was assured by several supposedly well educated people that mixing the two would be perfectly safe. i have used quick cure alone before and never had any problems. so it is the maracide, or the combo that was to blame. they should change their product's name from maricide