Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

striatas or yoyos or more pangios?

Posted By: sophie <sophie-usenet@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Friday, 8 July 2005, at 1:49 p.m.

Briefly, some time ago I bought five titchy striatas to add to a 32/18/16 tank (or possibly 32/18/14, not quite sure) which all died :-( of ich while in quarantine. They were lovely, lovely fish and I would really like some more. BUT. I'm pretty sure I did everything right in looking after them in quarantine (mature filter, water changes etc etc) and the only place I know of that stocks them is the place I got the sickly batch from. I've never had a serious health problem with fish before and it really upset me and I'm not quite sure I want to risk the same thing happening. I got lots of great advice here at the time which I'm still very grateful for and wanted to ask for more!

My favourite LFS - run my enthusiasts, sells healthy fish and