Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Cybermeez meets Dr. Momfish and Martin

Posted By: Martin Thoene <gkadar@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tuesday, 12 July 2005, at 9:22 p.m.

Soooo.....the meet finally took place after a delay caused by illness the other weekend. The suitably healed and well (Levamisole is a beautiful thing) Cybermeez drove up from NY, did battle with the Mounties at the border and made it up to Toronto rather later than expected on Saturday. Because of this, Momfish who needed to get up very early the next day cried off, so I took Robin to a popular Italian restaruant, for some nice food and chat. She liked Toronto's mix of architecture, so I decided to go to the restaruant via this......

.....the Ontario College of Art and Design. Funky huh? The white part is the fairly recently completed extension they needed. Couldn't build out, so they went up and out!

On Sunday, I picked her up and took her to The Menagerie Petshop to check out Harold's domain.
Duly impressed, and with a wish list, I suggested that we come back Monday to pick up fish. We then came home here where she got to meet Momfish and eat with us. We all talked for ages and had a good time. Stuffed our faces and they imbibed in Loach Wine (it has what is basically the outline of a Salmon on the label, but marked like a Clown Loach), and some Canadian beer. I then zoomed her up to the local Big Als before they shut, then went back home again for more chatting. Momfish then ran her back to the hotel via Casa Loma..........

Because of the logistics of Robin's travelling time, etc. I started work at 3am on Monday, so I could finish at 11:00. Left work at 11:00 and met Robin at the hotel. She then followed me to The Menagerie, where she spent a lot of money :)
Picked up some nice fishies and equipment. Harold gave her a nice styrofoam box to keep the temps stable. We're in the middle (wish it was the end) of a blinding heat-wave at present. The weekend was so-so, but Monday was about 40 degrees with the humidex. Nice thought Harold, thanks buddy.
We then zipped up here and caught and bagged the Pangio cuneovirgata, then Robin left a bit before 2pm. Apparently, she made it back home by 10pm, so I'm guessing the journey was pretty good.
Took about an hour to cross the border apparently, but a Homeland Security officer turned out to be a fishkeeper, so things went OK.
Reeeeeeeee....sult!
Robin tells us that the fish are settled into her Q-tank OK.

We thoroughly enjoyed Robin's company and showing her, albeit breifly, around Toronto and hope that we were good hosts. She seemed to have a whale of a time and let me tell you that this lady gets pretty enthusiastic when she's in a decent fish shop.

Fish Geek!

T'was fun Robin, and a pleasure to see someone who gets such a kick out of this crazy hobby/affliction/addiction (delete as applicable). Can't wait for the book party. I got a feeling that there's other people with your enthusiasm out there that could invade Toronto and be lots of fun too. Might even invite that bloke in Van :)

Martin.

Messages In This Thread