Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Fin rot treatment?

Posted By: Amy <dpbluec@hotmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, 13 July 2005, at 8:57 a.m.

Hi there! I have a 65 gal with 7 clown loaches and 1 chinese algae eater. Tank's been together like this for about 5 years. Recently gave birth so totally spaced on water changes and filter changes and stuff. So today, I have one of the smaller (like 4 inches) loaches with what appears to be white stringy rot on fins and tail, and his/her nose and barbels are all red and slimy looking. I'm going to do a 20% water change and change the filter pads as soon as the baby takes a nap, but wondering what I can use to treat the tank. I can't set up a sick tank so everyone will have to get the treatment. I've heard Maracyn, but not sure about the loaches being scaleless fishes and all. Thanks.

Messages In This Thread

<