Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Flexibacter

Posted By: Amy <dpbluec@hotmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, 19 July 2005, at 9:05 p.m.

I had posted earlier this week, and have just finished a full 5 day cycle of Maracyn and Maracyn 2 treatment for my clown loaches (one has visible illness, the others are fine - suspect flexibacter).

Now tank is cloudy (due to antibiotics) and nitrates are through the roof. I've continued 20% water changes daily (it's a 65 gal tank). Any recommendations on how to lower nitrates and clear up the water OTHER than just re-cycling the tank. A QT was not an option, otherwise I would have done so. Thanks.

p.s. Thanks to Barbara for her help re: treatment. The guys look really good now, and the sicko is behaving normally. I've stocked up on Maracyn and M-2 just in case I have to do another round. Fortunately, didn't have to raise temp. I live in MA and we're having 87+ degree temps so the tank stays a little warmer than usual in the