Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Great book!

Posted By: Mark in Vancouver <markmark@telus.net>
Date: Tuesday, 26 July 2005, at 7:02 p.m.

Only vaguely connected to loaches, but I've just started The River's Tale: A Year on the Mekong, by Edward A. Gargan, Vintage, 2002. He travels from the headwaters of Dzachu in Tibet, all the way to the delta in Vietnam, and he was a veteran New York Times reporter for years before he set out to write the book.

When we were compiling the Loach Book, one of my goals was to impress upon readers the significance of this river - the cultures and countries and policies that effect which loaches are caught, which are endangered, which are exported - or just eaten. Because the majority of loaches are still wild caught, I believe that it's important to understand how they live before they arrive in the lfs. I think