Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

flashing

Posted By: lorie silcott <lithops73@aol.com>
Date: Friday, 5 August 2005, at 11:52 p.m.

Question: 55 gallon tank set up for 4 months or so. Weekly water changes, all inhabitants quarantined 1 month prior to introduction. 1 Butis Butis, 2 jelly bean parrots, 2 paradise guoramis, 4 yo yo loaches 1 in quarantine, 1 albino shark and a decorative plecostomus.

My chemistries are good, my nitrite did fluctuate a small amount in the last month. although now back to normal. It was my fault I removed a penquin biowheel, replaced with douple biowheel not thinking, returned 3rd biowheel within a weeks time. Took a week to get back to normal.

I saw a little flashing, then seemed to stop.

Now I notice over a Half hour to 1 hour of watching 1 small yo yo flashing, and If I watch long enough maybe once in an hour a couple of other fish flashing slowly not really fast. If flashing occurs very slowly and only 1 in a great while can it be normal fish behaviour. I feel like