Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Interesting clown marking

Posted By: Jon <jguerr79@yahoo.com>
Date: Sunday, 14 August 2005, at 11:01 a.m.

A while back Emma posted a picture of a clown loach that had an interesting blemish on one side. There was a short thread about what it could possibly be. I have a clown with a very similar marking. I've had the clown for about a year and it's clearly the alpha (there are 5 total in the tank). The blemish (birthmark???) has been there since I frist got the fish and seems to cause no health problems whatsoever.

I thought these pictures might be interesting to anyone else whose clown(s) have similar markings. Does anyone actually know what the markings are? I would swear I can almost see the marking starting to show through on the other side of the fish now too. I will try and get another picture, but this guy has been a little camera s