Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

A little help , if you please

Posted By: Dagmar <costumes@storybooktheatre.org>
Date: Saturday, 27 August 2005, at 2:42 p.m.

I currently have 4 clown loaches , with the biggest approaching the 4 inch mark . I have adored them from day one ! I am interested in getting some Botia Modesta (orange finned or blue) loaches and am wondering if any of you keep these two together . they will have a large tank (240 gals or up) and many already established caves and structures for hiding . The clowns are at this time in a 75 gal with some other fish . The other inhabitants are as follows : 1 angel , 1 columbian shark , 2 corys , one bristlenose plec . My plan is to move everyone into the big tank at the same time as I purchase the Blue loaches ( once it is all cycled and furnished) . Everyone in the 75 currently gets along fine and all have been together for at least 2 years . Do you all think this plan will work or will the addition of the new botias cause distress for any . I love all of my fish but I am in love with the loaches and think that with 4 or more of the Botias added it would be an amazing society to observe . If any of you have any behavioral info you can give me about the Modestas it would be greatly appreciated .
Thanks in advance
Dag
P.S. I will be away for a few days but will check this site when I return

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.