Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Striata's dying and need some help please.

Posted By: Dancesalone <dancesalone@hotmail.com>
Date: Saturday, 27 August 2005, at 11:02 p.m.

Some of my Striata have come down with some type of disease process and/or fungus type process going on and it kills them, slowly. It starts with what looks like someone drew a thin white line down them lateraly, then progresses slowly to looking almost fuzzy and when they are in the end stage they appear similar to graying out. I've tried treating with Jungles Parasite Clear, Kanamycin, even Salt, slows it down but never eradicates it completely. There are Kubotai in this tank and they do not have it, nor do all the Striata. What is this, does anyone know? I've lost 2 and now another is looking badly. Thinking about trying Seachem's ParaGuard as it covers about everything, anyone here who has used ParaGuard with Loaches?