Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Re: Striata dying-Mark, Barbara

Posted By: Dancesalone <dancesalone@hotmail.com>
Date: Thursday, 1 September 2005, at 1:54 p.m.

Just wanted to say Thank you for your help and input, it was most appreciated.

Could'nt catch him, sometimes I am able to catch them even under impossible circumstances but not this time. He looked terrible but still quite quick, which I took as a good sign.

Decided to med the whole tank with Seachem's ParaGuard. (I've got some old Praecox Rainbow's who were in neede of some help also) I never saw s/he again until today, he looking much better, only a thin white line remains. The other Striata and Kubotai are fine. I'm going to continue treatment daily for 2 more days and then stop. If it starts to look worse I will catch him and treat as suggested in a quarantine tank. The Rainbows are vastly improved too except for the ones that have some kind o