Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

YoYo Breeding

Posted By: Cyndy <masondixie@webtv.net>
Date: Friday, 2 September 2005, at 9:45 a.m.

I have a YoYo that looks like she is pregnant, not sure though, she is about 4" in size and I noticed last night that she was really fat. We bought the YoYo's when they were very small. What I would like to know and I have not found any sites that will tell me this is: do they lay eggs or live bearers, where will they have their babies and do I need to do anything. Also I would like to find out if I put her in a tank by herself do I need to have a water filtration system in the tank or can I just have airation in the tank? If anyone can help me It would be great. So far anything that has given birth in my 55 gal tank has been eaten by the other fish and I would like the YoYo's to at least have a chance. Thank you

Messages In This Thread<